Monday, August 22, 2011

Beauty and Other Favorites of Summer

Now that summer is coming to an end, I figured I'd reminisce about the products I've been using and loving over the past three months. Also, at the end of this post, I'll tell you about some other things (and people) I've been loving this summer! Alright, first, I have my MAC paint pot in Painterly:
I honestly can't rave enough about this product, so I'll just tell you this. I think it's my favorite makeup product ever. I use it every day all over my lid, up to my brow bone, and in my inner corner. It will get rid of veins or purpleness on you eyelid and create a perfect base for your eyeshadows! I think Soft Ochre does the same, so I guess it's just preference. I believe Painterly has more pinky undertones, while Soft Ochre has more yellowy undertones. 
This next thing is Stila's E! Live from the Red Carpet palette no. 1 " Breathtaking Beauty". Whoa, that's a mouth full. Okay, so I pretty much wear these eyeshadows 75% of the time. They're so great! And this palette was only $25, which is great for a high-end makeup brand like Stila! The two shadows on the left are great lid colors, but I use the top one more, and the two middle crease colors are amazing too. The two shadows on the right are actually powder liners which I love! I pat them on my lash line with an angled liner brush. The top powder liner is such a cool color. It's black with yellow and blue shimmers! And this palette includes a Kitten all over shimmer powder, which is beautiful in the inner corner. I don't use the convertible color very often. It's too sticky for cheeks and the color isn't flattering on my lips. 
These are my Bodycology products in the scent cucumber melon. They smell SO good! The left is a body spray, which I bought first, then, because I loved the smell so much, I bought the mini body lotion, and I use it as a hand cream. They are so crisp and fresh smelling without being too overpowering! I actually also use the body spray as a room freshener too! I got these at Target. 
I got this Covergirl Natureluxe tinted lip balm for free at a Taylor Swift concert I went to in June! Covergirl was the sponser and they were giving these to people that came early! I love this so much! At first, I thought it was a pretty scary color because it looks so dark, but it's really gorgeous! And it's moisturizing, and has SPF 15! Great for summer! This is in the color Spice. 
This Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in Teal  is a must-have for me at all times! I don't use it as eyeliner though! Every day I draw a small heart on my left hand with this! It's the only eyeliner that I can find that will stay, even through showers!! I couldn't be without this!
These two nail polishes have been my favorites this summer. They're such great colors! The left is Essie's Clambake, an orangey red color. The right is China Glaze's For Audrey. Now, I'm sure you've heard of For Audrey, the color on the market closest to Tiffany's trademark blue, and let me tell you, it is VERY close! I love it! 
Okay, now on to my others. This is an adorable pen I got at Charlotte Russe that is shaped like a lipstick!
You take off the lipstick part and there's a pen! So cute!
My next favorite is the TV show, The Nine Lives of Chloe King! Omigosh, I love this show!! It's so good, it's right up there with Pretty Little Liars! I'm team Alek, how about you? :)
Another favorite of mine this summer is Cody Simpson! According to my Itunes, I've listened to his song  "All Day" 229 times! Whoa! I was lucky enough to see him on his mall tour this summer, and he was amazing! Last but not least, I've been loving wearing top knots as a quick and easy hair do this summer, I just throw some bobby pins in and I'm ready to go!That's it, thanks for reading my blog, and have a charming day!



1 comment:

  1. Team Alek! (although there isnt really any other team to be om since the last episode, but still. Haha) 143 <3 I'm wearing "For Audrey" right now. So pretty! Cant wait yo get my paint pot! That eyeliner does stay on great! Love the pen!

    ReplyDelete